WelRen CIC’s Public Health Consultancy was set up to provide a high standard of public health skill and expertise, in a flexible and responsive way to the needs of stakeholders and organisations. We combine our technical ability and expertise with commitment and diligence, and an understanding of population based health improvements and health services.
Our approach in undertaking work is to develop project proposals that are feasible within identified resources and timescales.
We offer extensive experience in the following areas:
Health services and systems
– Populations needs assessment
– Health intelligence and analysis
– Evidence base for service improvements and implications of NICE developments
– Quality improvement and performance management
– Advice on improving existing systems of data collection for quality improvements in services.
– Evaluation of health services (includes mixed methods) e.g district nursing, health visiting, mental health services.
– Provide technical expertise in developing surveys and questionnaires
– Advise decision makers on use of needs assessment for service improvement and commissioning of services
– Operational planning and project management
– Understand and advise action based on current patterns of health service utilisation and identify gaps and areas for potential savings of health resources.
– Advice on theory and practice of community development
– Advice on evidence based health policy on health inequalities and the broader determinants of health
Audit and quality improvement, training and research
– Undertaking audits and provide advice on quality improvements
– Training in undertaking audit – e.g. doctors, nurses, professionals allied to medicine