WeLReN provides a wide range of programmes for primary care and public health professionals, both in the UK and internationally, including:
• Advising on education and training programmes.
• Developing high quality educational programme in partnership with other academic institutions.
• Providing education and training programmes.
Accreditation & training
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) trainer (Certificate in GCP from Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the UK).
- Adair accredited Action Centred Leadership (ACL) trainer
Our work includes:
– Developing a distance learning Masters in Public Health, in partnership with the Open University of Mauritius, for learners across Mauritius and the Southern African Development Community (SADC). The first cohort of 48 learners from Mauritius started the course in August 2016.
– Advising on the development of medical education for primary care practitioners and supporting the development of primary care services in a number of African countries. This is being led by Professor de Kare-Silver.
– We are currently developing a non-governmental organisation (NGO) to provide a programme of primary care medical education in Nigeria.
– We work in collaboration with the World Health Organisation (WHO) to support the development of primary care. We host and provide learning opportunities for health care professionals from other countries to experience primary care in the UK setting.